Here are the 2017 Scholarship Awards
This year the Scholarship Committee received 18 applications. All applicants possessed impressive qualifications and our independent panel of area educators took their time to carefully evaluate and rank the applications. As a result of their consideration, this year’s scholarships have been awarded to the following students:
- $1,200 Ron Holeman Honorary Scholarship– Jocelyn Brown (step-daughter of Erik Chorazy)
- $1,100 Elmer Buehler Past President Memorial Scholarship – Brittany Scott (daughter of Lisa Scott)
- $1,000 Associates Scholarship– Elizabeth Brown (daughter of Brenda Brown)
- $1,000 Debra Hansen Memorial Community Service Scholarship– Emma Tucker (daughter of Mark Tucker)
- $800 Don Davey Honorary Scholarship – Mark Holman (son of Mark Holman)
- $800 Associates Scholarship– Jessica Zak (daughter of Todd Zak)
- $800 Associates Scholarship– Ruth Meeker (daughter of Charlie Meeker)
- $800 Portland Marathon 21st Aid Station Scholarship– Chetan Dindukurthi (son of Ramesh Dindukurthi)
We would like to thank all of the Associates members for helping us award scholarships each year. The scholarships are what we work towards all year - your membership dues and all the fundraising we do throughout the year fund these awards. This is a really big event and the main reason for joining and supporting the Associates.
We would also like to thank this year’s applicants. All of these students are very deserving, and we hope they will be able to apply again next February.
Thank you again for all of your support.
- Claudia Perot, Chair – JCD-6 (905 6-Q5) BPA HQ ……………….....503-230-3754
- Eileen Jensen, TEI-TPP-1 (TPP 1-120) Vancouver…………….....…360-619-6748
- Karen Graves-Pyrch – Foundation Rep.; KS-4 (905 4-N6) BPA HQ..503-230-3194