Craft Fair Info
Annual Craft Bazaars
The Associates Craft Fair has provided locally made items since 1991 and has become a tradition enjoyed by artisans, federal employees, and the community. Volunteers are always needed.
We are happy to announce that the next Associates Craft Fair at Portland HQ has been scheduled. Booth space is available in HQ Room #122 and the cafeteria alcove.
Applications for the bazaars are here with dates and times listed. We will be open until 2:30 pm each day. A security check-in will take place the day before the bazaar. Please see "Security Requirements" section below for more detail.
Find us on Facebook! Like and follow our page NWFEAssociates to be updated on Associates events including the Craft Fair, Annual Picnic, the Holiday Party, and more! https://www.facebook.com/nwfeassociates/.
All the same rules will apply:
- Registration for the bazaars will be on a first-come, first-reserved basis.
- ALL ITEMS MUST BE HANDCRAFTED.
- No perishable food items may be sold.
- Requests for more than one table will be honored on an availability basis.
- Room 122 pricing is 10% and Hallway pricing is 15% of your gross sales.
- A voluntary donation of a craft item is appreciated for the raffle table.
- Tables and chairs will be provided by the Associates (30" x 60").
- There will be a security check-in on the day before the bazaar.
If you have any questions, feel free to email the Associates, please put in the subject line "craft fair": e-mail ASSOCIATES@bpa.gov
All boxes, bags, etc. have to be checked before being brought into the building. As you can imagine, if all crafters try to bring their crafts in all at one time, it could be quite over whelming to the security staff at the front door. In order to accomplish the security check, everyone is being asked to sign up for a block of time to bring in their crafts.
- Please bring in your merchandise during your allotted time and ensure you have photo ID
- BPA's address is 905 NE 11th Ave. The volunteers will check your boxes on the loading dock in the 905 building. The loading dock is to the left of the ramp as you enter the garage.
- All vehicles entering the building will undergo a security inspection. Please park on the West side (south facing) of NE 9th Avenue and a Security Officer will assist you.
- All crafts should be in boxes with lids. (Please put your names on the boxes as they will be stored with other merchandise in the storage area)
- After the boxes are checked, the crafts will be taken (by you) to Room 122. (We hope to have carts to assist you. If you have carts of your own, please bring them to carry the boxes to the storage area.)
- At the end of the first night all crafters assigned to space in the hallway will need to breakdown their displays and return all unsold merchandise to Room 122 until the next day.
- No additional merchandise can be brought in on either day of the bazaar. The guards will not be available to check any boxes after the first day. (See me if you need to bring in any special orders the next day.)
- You will be responsible for removing your crafts at the end of the second day using the front entrance.
Very Important! We will need a list of names of all people that will be bringing crafts for the security check who do not have building entry badges at least 72 hours prior to check-in day.This list will be given to security to enable you to get into the loading dock area on the check-in day. NOTE: Please have ID available.
All persons entering the building for the Bazaar on the craft fair days will need to get a building pass from security. In order to accomplish this, we will need the names of all non-badged people that will be selling your crafts at the bazaar. The names will be given to security to enable them to have building passes pre-made for the days of the fair. This will cut down the time needed to enter the building and will make security’s job a lot easier.
Visitors /customers to the fair, who are not federal employees with federal ID, may sign in at the lobby and receive a pass to the Bazaar. This will allow access to the lobby and room 122 only.
Please come in through the BPA building and pick up your pass from the security desk before entering the Bazaar area.
Please follow the schedule for security check-in.
Please provide the names of all non-badged people that will be dropping off the crafts for the security check-in.
Please provide the names of all non-badged people that will be selling your crafts during the craft fair.
Prior year’s security check-in has gone very smoothly. While it is an inconvenience, I’m sure we all agree that we can live with the safety requirements when we know that it is in the interest of our family and friends that are working in the buildings.
See you soon!